Sunday 28 August 2016

Breaking radio silence

So, apparently just like Facebook, my blog does memory posts. Please rest assured it is not Christmas 2012!

I wrote a post yesterday but my gadget has swallowed it, so this will be a brief one instead. 

Here are some highlights: I've left A Rocha, and am a bit sad, but mostly OK about that. I had a mostly amazing time, and the last week of report writing and presentation and saying goodbye and wrap up was pretty intense. There was a very deliberate farewell process which was pretty good. Then I had one night with Bruce and Patty who I had met through A Rocha work, and then it was down into the States.

I skipped through Washington straight to Portland as I was meeting a Kiwi lady, Maria, there. We had fun in Oregon, and then trained to Seattle together which was also cool. We did Powell's bookstore, a Seattle institution, and had a great Mexican dinner as well. Washington was very cool. If you're ever in Seattle I'd recommend the Chihuly Glass and Garden exhibit! I've done an American Football game and now understand that a lot better, and have seen some sights. Do go to the Bill and Miranda Gates exhibit and the Starbucks coffee roasting place. 

I spent a few nights on the Washington Peninsula with a friend and his wife, and then went to Klamath Falls. I was able to borrow a bike, so did a lot of cycling, and also spent the day at Crater Lake, Google it, it's worth it.

Now I'm in San Francisco and cycled the Golden Gate bridge today, so that was cool. I have a couple more days here and then Hawaii and then home.

I'm glad to be on my way home,  there's lots about NZ I miss and I'm looking forward to reconnecting with my people. 

I'll write again soonish.
Love
Sarah

5 comments: